Supporter Press Release:
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 (King’s Day in Belgium), the best specialty beer-centric bars, restaurants, and stores across the nation will be raising a glass to celebrate Vanberg & DeWulf’s birthday and the great state of craft and specialty beer culture in the US of A. Last year, the 1st annual Coast to Coast Toast™ became the single largest one-day, crowd-sourced celebration of Belgian beer culture in the United States in this millennium (good thing the millennium is young). This year’s nationwide celebration is on pace to be even bigger.
Want to know what beers are being served from coast to coast? Check out the The Official Vanberg & DeWulf Coast to Coast Toast Beer List. Looking for a party? Take a peek at our illustrious coterie of Coast to Coast Toast Hosts on the Coast to Coast Toast 2 (C2CT2) Eventbrite list. Want even more info? For the most up-to-date news about the party, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and use the#C2CT hash tag to join the conversation and see what else is new in the Twittersphere. Some lucky C2CT2 fans stand a chance to win free trips to Belgium through drawings (no purchase necessary) – stay tuned for the details on the drawings as the date of the party approaches.
From giant tap takeovers to beer dinners and beer and cheese pairings to tutored tastings, the shindigs are as eclectic, raucous and irreverent as the hosts themselves. Want to unleash your inner “Beer-sketeer” on November 15? Attend an “All From One” (dedicated to all the beers from a single Belgian brewery) or “One From All” (focusing on one beer from every brewery in the Vanberg & DeWulf portfolio) party. How about celebrating the contributions women have made to the world of craft beer? “Women & Beer parties” are taking place in top taverns round the country. Want to get in on the “next big thing in the world-wide cocktail movement”? According to some of the world’s top mixologists, beer cocktails are all the rage; some Hosts are featuring them for sipping, while others are teaching patrons to shake and stir their own. And what about satisfying that quintessential Belgian beer and burrito craving? Yes, there is even a party dedicated quenching that hopped and spiced desire!
Every place hosting a party is special. Here are some top spots at which to revel:
- Bay Area, CA - Oakland’s Beer Revolution is the hub for a girl power summit on beer, and female bloggers, cicerones publicans, and beer geeks will be descending upon this top rated watering hole. City Beer in San Francisco, located just down the street from Twitter HQ, is hosting a tasting for techies. Did you know that Vanberg & DeWulf’s beers are favorites at Silicon Valley and Chicago tech company parties?
- Chicago, IL - Wendy Littlefield & Don Feinberg will be at Grant Achatz’ Aviary with Micah Melton and his team for a special event featuring Vanberg & DeWulf beers, beer cocktails, non alcoholic drinks inspired by the portfolio and molecular foods invented by the nation’s number one ranked chef.
- Cleveland, OH - All 18 Winking Lizard locations in and around Cleveland will be toasting with Saison Dupont.
- Grand Rapids, MI – Grand Rapids, a.k.a. “Top Beer City USA” (right after Asheville), has one of the nation’s best bars: Hop Cat. Publican Steve Smith, a sculptor with an MFA, will curate a list or rare and especially sour Vanberg & DeWulf beers.
- New Orleans, LA - Avenue Pub is owned by Polly Watts, one of the best publicans in the country. Fittingly, her party will salute women brewers in our portfolio: Anne Catherine Dilewyns (Belgium’s youngest brewer) and Annick Castelain. Avenue is one of a series of “Women in Beer” events that NOLA’s head brewer will emcee. This bar is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in case you can’t make the party.
- New York, NY - Gingerman is throwing an especially big party with a vast selection of Vanberg & DeWulf beers on tap (about 30!) and will be a hub for Belgians in NYC. Cicerone Anne Becerra is hosting the party, and extremely well versed on Belgian beer: she contributes to Time Magazine on the topic. There will also be scores of wonderful parties in the city. Try Beer Table if you are in Brooklyn, or Jimmy’s 43 and Blind Tiger in the Village for rare and wonderful selections from the Vanberg & DeWulf portfolio.
- Philadelphia, PA - Head over to Belgian beer bastion Monk’s Pubfor a C2CT celebration or to Tria for a tutored tasting
- Portland, OR - Bazi Bistro is focusing on Vanberg & DeWulf beers and beery cocktails they are creating especially for the event. Stay tuned for news about the beer bus that will link parties across town for a sequential meal held at multiple locales.
- Washington DC – Iconic cap city bar, Church Key, is featuring a total tap takeover curated by master cicerone Greg Engert. His party is linked to the Brussels tap takeover being thrown by Jean Hummler, the voice of the independent brewer at Moeder Lambic.
Planning to celebrate at home? Check out what places like Wine Warehouse (NJ), DeCicco’s (NY), Total Wine, Whole Foods (the latter two, national) are stocking. Make sure to download the C2CT2 Commemorative cook booklet (PDF) as well.
The Vanberg & DeWulf seal encircles twenty distinct beer styles from eleven breweries in four nations. Beers include Castelain, Contessa, DeCam Oude Lambiek, Foret, Hop Ruiter, Lambickx, Lambrucha, Monk’s Stout, Peche Mel Posca Rustica, Saison Dupont, Scaldis Prestige de Nuits, Vecchia Bastarda, Vicaris Tripel Gueuze, Witkap and more – every one of them a gem.
We remain dedicated to careful research and meticulous editing so that we only bring you beers we believe worth your time and money. As always, they all come from independent, family-run breweries. We were the first company to be dedicated to importing Belgian beers to the USA—starting 31 years ago. The co-founders, Wendy Littlefield and Don Feinberg were the first Americans inducted into the Belgian Brewers’ Guild.
Want to get to know Don & Wendy better? Listen to how they built the Belgian beer category in America and continue to innovate today.