(Portsmouth, NH) – In other words, get the hell over to Portsmouth Brewery on Saturday. For anyone who doesn’t know what these are, they are scratch tickets with the prize being an opportunity to buy Portsmouth Kate the Great bottles when they are sold next month. More info below from last night’s newsletter.
Friday, February 17th, 10:00 PM
Good evening. Late this afternoon we received our eagerly-awaited shipment of 15,000 custom scratch tickets from RAM Printing, and we placed them on sale shortly thereafter. As of this writing, about a third of them are already sold. The remaining 10,000 will be sold throughout the weekend, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM, until they are gone.
If you are interested in purchasing tickets, here are a few things to keep in mind.
* Tickets will be sold for $2 apiece.
* Ticket sales are limited to 15 per person per day.
* Of the total15,000 tickets, 2,000 are winners.
* A winning ticket entitles the bearer to purchase a single 330 ml. bottle of 2012 Kate the Great Russian Imperial Stout.
* Bottles of Kate must be purchased at the Portsmouth Brewery by June 15, 2012.
* After that date, unclaimed bottles will be sold to the general public in the Brewery’s retail shop.
* 100% of the funds raised through scratch ticket sales ($30,000 if all tickets are sold) will be distributed among five non-profits, including the Southeast Land Trust and others to be named on or before Kate Day.
* Losing tickets may be entered into our second chance contest. Twenty-four second chance winners – two drawn each month for twelve months – will be awarded a bottle of Kate.
To be honest, we don’t know how long the tickets will last, so if you are interested in acquiring some, it might be a good idea to stop in tomorrow (Saturday), if possible. We are aware that this system is not ideal for everyone, but we have considered all the alternatives, and we believe that this system is the worst, except for all the others that have been tried or considered.
As always, we welcome your feedback.
Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you on Kate Day, and to serving you throughout the year.