(Chicago, IL) – Per the Goose Island Youtube page…
The “Fulton and Wood” series of beers is a part of our innovation initiative at Goose Island Beer Company. It consists of small teams of our brewers collaborating with no restraints to create special draft and Chicago only beers. Innovation is a large portion of Goose Island and here we have Brewmaster Brett Porter and Brewer John Laffler speaking to that very topic in our new barrel warehouse.
A few notes from Laffler’s talk…
- They just opened a new 10,000 sq. foot barrelhouse
- Thinks they have the largest barrel program in the United States
- Quadrupling the barrel program this year
- Filling 900 barrels with Lolita in the next three months
- Buying 48,000 pounds of raspberries this year to use in their beers
- There are 100 beers in the works and 285 projects ongoing, many of which don’t have anything to do with beer itself
H/T to the HopCast.