(Escondido, CA) – A new beer book is slated to be released late next year.
If you’ve been following the Twitter stream of Stone Brewing CEO and Co-Founder, Greg Koch, you may have read about this a bit already. Koch revealed today that he was interviewing Jean Van Roy of Cantillon. A past message informed that he was interviewing James Watt of BrewDog. So what is this new book all about? I sent an email and got back some details on the new project:
The book will be titled “The Brewer’s Apprentice,” and is essentially a master class in brewing…with an expert guest lecturer from the industry for every chapter. In addition to the primary focus of beer brewing, there will be chapters on cider and mead making. We’ve reached out to the international brewing community, as well as the American craft brewing world. The publisher is Quarry Books, and the release is set for October 2011 (though we’re aiming for it to make an appearance at GABF in September).
A short sampling of “Guest Lecturers” and their topics include:
* Hans-Peter Drexler, Technisher Betriebsleiter, Weisses Braühaus G. Schneider & Sohn – Brewing Bavarian-style Wheat Beers
* Ken Grossman, Sierra Nevada Brewing – The Technical Side of Brewing
* Bill Covaleski, Victory Brewing – Brewing Lager Beers
* James Kohn, Cider Making – Wander Aengus Ciderworks
* Mitch Steele, Stone Brewing Co. – Brewing Water & Water Chemistry
* Jean Van Roy, Cantillon – Brewing Lambic Beers